Business Formation and Transactions in Pennsylvania – Just Getting StartedNovember 11, 2012
Entrepreneurs starting up a new business, especially in today’s economic climate, must consider a variety of legal issues when they begin the start-up or business formation process. There are myriad traps for the unwary would-be business owner, and therefore, it is important to consider and cover all of the issues that might arise.
New business owners have many considerations and require many documents:
- Operating agreement
- Identification of the appropriate business model
- Proper completion of forms for creation of the business,such as limited liability company (LLC,) corporation, or partnership.
There are many other issues to consider as well:
- Compliance – including unique areas depending on the type of business
- Contract negotiations
- Document drafting
- Enforcement of contractual and other rights
- Fiscal policies
- Corporate governance
- Antitrust considerations
- Indemnification questions
- Employment related matters
- Too many legal and/or regulatory issues encountered daily by businesses operating in today’s ever-changing business climate
Make sure, when you form a new business, and as you seek to grow your business, that you are aware of each and every regulation you must follow.