Steven P. Miner
Chief Operating Officer and Assistant Managing Partner
“Our firm strives to give our clients advice, assistance and support that allows them to sleep at night.” – STEVE MINER
Read My Blogs
Steve knew he wanted to be a lawyer after being named Judge for a Day in 8th grade. Ever since he’s found the law fascinating. In the early years of his career, he mentored with a lawyer specializing in municipal law and learned the value of civility in the practice of law. He serves municipal, corporate, and individual clients in business, government, and estate planning.
Steve enjoys the meticulous nature of the law and likes to be well-prepared. He always completes tasks well in advance of a deadline and strives to never waste a client’s time. He believes that being on time for anything actually means being late.
Steve offers his clients thirty plus years of successful legal and management expertise, counseling government, corporate, individual and association clients. Steve is a solicitor of Lower Allen Township, Lower Allen Township Authority, Lower Allen Township Development Authority, Royalton Borough, Royalton Borough Authority, and West Hanover Township Water and Sewer Authority. He also serves as Solicitor of Lemoyne Zoning Hearing Board. He was formerly on the faculty of Harrisburg Area Community College, teaching Corporation and Bankruptcy Law.
PERSPECTIVE / PHILOSOPHY
Steve respects the law and believes that lawyers have more social responsibilities than other citizens. To Steve, there is nothing better than representing clients who take business ethics seriously. He works best with clients who wish to forge long-term relationships. He likes to advise clients proactively to avoid litigation. Conservative in his beliefs, he respects predictability in the law.
FUN FACTS ABOUT STEVEN
Steve was an avid runner for over 25 years and he still enjoys walking and fitness. Steve enjoys vacations on the beautiful beaches of Flordia. Steve also loves baseball and attends Spring Training every year to watch the Phillies, Nationals, Cardinals, and Marlins.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member
- Middle District Bankruptcy Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association, Member
- UPMC Pinnacle Institutional Review Board, Board Member
- West Shore Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Central Pennsylvania Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Central Pennsylvania Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, Past Director
- Lemoyne Business Association, Member
- Jewish Community Center, Member
- BV Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
(Peers rank Attorney Miner at an excellent level of legal ability in his areas of practice, as well as his adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics, reliability, diligence and other criteria relevant in the performance of his professional responsibilities)
- Certificate of Appreciation from Cumberland County Bar Association and Foundation’s Mortgage Foreclosure Diversion Program
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Children’s Literature Council of Pennsylvania
- Susquehanna Style’s Select Lawyers – Bankruptcy & Creditor’s Rights Law, 2014, 2016
- Susquehanna Style’s Select Lawyers – Government/Cities/Municipalities Law, 2014
J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, 1983
B.A., cum laude, Political Science and Economics, Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1980
Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1983
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1983
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1996