Karen W. Miller
“I’m here to assist clients during a difficult time in their life, with compassion and understanding to present the best solution with their best interest in mind.” – KAREN MILLER
Read My Blogs
Karen began her career at an environmental consulting firm, although she always had a desire to attend law school. After obtaining her undergraduate degree from Dickinson College, she quickly found work in her field. However, her desire to help others by practicing law lingered. She was drawn to the idea of assisting people through difficult times. She eventually followed her passion and received her law degree from Florida State University College of Law. After graduating from law school, Karen started practicing in the areas of litigation, family, and collaborative law. Her background, which includes detailed problem-solving skills, helps her to succeed in her practice.
Karen has spent the last 15 years using her out-going personality and educational background to help clients navigate litigation to avoid the costly process of going to court.
Karen has been practicing law for 15 years, with a focus on family law, collaborative law, and estate litigation. She serves as the Co-President of the Collaborative Professionals of Central Pennsylvania. She is also an active member of the Family Law Section of the Pennsylvania and Dauphin County Bar Association, as well as the Collaborative Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
For Karen, providing a solution for a client is not just about winning. She understands that in many ways, avoiding litigation can not only save time and money but also emotional stress. Karen’s goal is to guide clients through a potentially complicated process so they arrive at the best solution for their case.
Fun Facts About Karen
Outgoing and adventurous, Karen is always on the go, traveling to new locations. Karen also enjoys spending time with her husband and her three children. Her three children take after her outgoing personality and enjoy playing sports. Karen was born in Camp Hill and graduated from Camp Hill High School. She was a college athlete, having played field hockey at Dickinson College.
Estate and Guardianship Litigation
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Collaborative Law Committee, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Women in the Profession Section, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Collaborative Professionals of Central Pennsylvania, Co-President
- Dauphin County Lipsitt Inn of Courts, Member / Barrister
- Women in the Profession Section, Member
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Flordia, 2005
- B.S., Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 2000
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2005
- Court of Appeals of Maryland, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2011