Susan E. Good
“I strive to provide my clients the kind of caring, committed and practical representation that I would want my family to receive.” – SUSAN GOOD
After high school, Susan trained to be a paralegal and began her career working in the PA House of Representatives, where she stayed for 13 years. While working at the State Capital, Susan began weighing future career options. Susan loved both psychology and the law, but she ultimately chose to pursue a law degree since she already had a legal foundation from her training as a paralegal.
As a people person with an interest in psychology, family law became a natural fit and Susan made that her focus practice area. Over the course of her practice, in addition to sharpening her litigation skills, Susan has become a trained collaborative attorney and a trained mediator to represent those clients interested in a less adversarial approach to resolving differences and finding solutions.
Susan has more than 12 years of experience in the practice of law. She joined Daley Zucker after working for law firms in both Philadelphia and Harrisburg. She also practices Collaborative Law, an alternative dispute resolution process which allows clients to resolve their divorce-related issues by privately negotiating mutually acceptable settlements. However, Susan has extensive litigation experience when a family law matter may not be suitable to alternative dispute resolution.
PERSPECTIVE / PHILOSOPHY
Susan believes the law is a great tool that can be applied even when situations are emotional. She enjoys bringing comfort and resolution to her clients who are facing tough situations, especially when it initially looks like a problem cannot be solved. While she believes strongly in the collaborative, less adversarial approach to applying the law, she will also zealously advocate on behalf of her clients in court to get the best result.
FUN FACTS ABOUT
Susan and her husband consider themselves self-taught wine connoisseurs, having spent considerable time in California’s wine country visiting Susan’s brother and his family. She enjoys weekend getaways to nearby areas to recharge. Susan spends a lot of time with her parents who currently reside at Willow Valley Retirement Community. Susan also enjoys spending time with her friends, who often joke that she is their free counselor and therapist.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Collaborative Law Committee, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2016 Chair
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Hearing Committee Member 2006-2009
- Collaborative Professionals of Central Pennsylvania, Member
- Collaborative Professionals of Central Pennsylvania, Past Treasurer
- Harrisburg Magazine’s Local Legal Leaders – Family Law, 2015-2016
- Susquehanna Style’s Select Lawyers – Family, Custody and Divorce Law, 2015-2016
- Certificate of Appreciation from Cumberland County Bar Association and Foundation’s Pro Bono Program, 2014
J.D., Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware, 2004
B.H., Penn State University, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 2000
Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2004